How to Donate Art to our Fundraiser
Are you a visual artist who wants to donate to our next fundraiser? Select artists have been invited to participate. We are looking for artists to donate a small piece of original artwork for our upcoming art auction. All proceeds go to make the 1st Figment happen, where we will bring together our city a day long interactive public art event in the park.
(1) Sign up online. Tell us about your current art style in this link & submit your contact info. Confirm your participation online at http://bit.ly/2DHMUUJ
(2) make between 1-3 pieces of unframed original art. all work should be 5" x 7" in size. Works on flat materials like board, plexiglass, canvas, artist paper, etc. are welcome. Any sculptural work should not exceed 6" in depth. Please sign any work on the backside.
(3) send your artwork in before the Sat. March 17 deadline to:
c/o Curatorial Team
1206 Brush Creek, Richardson TX 75081
(4) Invite your friends & collectors to attend the first Figment Dallas art auction & fundraiser on Sat. Mar. 31 at WAAS Gallery (donating artists get into the event for free, but no +1 for this fundraiser)
6-8:59pm BROWSE & BOOGIE - Enjoy music, cash bar, performance art, custom t-shirts and browse 100s of small scale artworks donated for a good cause.
9pm-10pm TAG GRAB & ART RACE - Whistle Blows and the first one to grab the tag gets to buy that artwork. At the signal, collectors grab the tags in front of the artworks they want to buy for $100 each. A row of cashiers will be on hand during the last hour of the event to ring them up & accept any tax deductible donations to our 501c3.
(5) After the show, requesting artists will be mailed a donation receipt to use for tax deductions based on works sold. Unfortunately unsold artwork can only be returned if the artist sends a SASE and packing materials to do so, or visits us the week after the show for pickup.
Thank you for the generous donation of your time & talent.